Professional Development Resources
Below are just a few resources available to Graduate Students and Post Doctoral Fellows in the Center for Immunology
- UMN Postodoctoral Association (PDA)
- Academic and Professional Development
- Graduate Student Services & Progress
- Individual Development Plan (IDP)-UMN Graduate School
- Science Careers recently launched myIDP, a free, web-based career-planning tool for PhD students and postdocs in the sciences.
Curated by the Microbiology Immunology and Cancer Biology program:
As you move through your graduate career you will explore all your options for your future plans. Will you stay in academia? Do you want to teach? How do you get funding for your own lab? Should you go into industry? But in order to answer your questions you will need a plan. The Graduate School provides programs, resources and events that will help you.
The Graduate School will serve as a "gateway to programming and resources across campus, partnering with several University offices to provide opportunities to acquire key transferable skills". The Graduate School offers academic and professional development (ADP) services to help you throughout your graduate career at the University of Minnesota. They offer APD Updates for all upcoming events. You can also stay up to date on the latest offerings by syncing to their APD Calendar.
One way to be successful in your career is to have a plan. Working with your advisor to formulate the plan is a great start to a successful graduate career. To aid you with the plan, the Graduate School has an Individual Development Plan (IDP) tool to help you kick start your success. Science magazine has also provided a link to myIDP, this an interactive IDP tool developed by AAAS for Science Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) disciplines. Get started »
- Graduate Programs for Incoming Students
- Current CFI Graduate Students
- Prospective Postdoctoral Trainees
- CFI Current PostDoctoral Associates
- Diversity Resources
- Empowering Women in Science
- Funding Opportunities
- Immunology Training Grant
- Medical Student Summer Research Program
- New Employee Required Training
- Professional Development Resources
- R.E.D. Seminar Series